Course: Interpersonal and Communication Skills Training
Series: HR and Soft Skills
Interpersonal skills are the skills we use every day when we communicate and interact with other people, both individually and in groups. People with strong interpersonal skills are more successful in both their professional and personal lives. With multi nationality crew on board ships, and people from different socio-economic backgrounds, it has become important for sea staff to develop effective interpersonal skills to function as an effective team. This program aims at imparting these skills to sea staff through an interactive workshop session with reference to ship board situations.
- Concept of “Interpersonal Skills”.
- Skill sets that constitute “Interpersonal Skills”, (including – Effective Interpersonal Communications, Assertiveness & Negotiating Skills, Challenge & Response, etc.)
- Concept of “Emotional Intelligence” and its relevance to developing good Interpersonal Skills.
- Factors affecting effective Team Working (Team building, Multicultural Diversity, Conflict handling, etc.)
- Utility of “Brainstorming”, in achieving a collectively taken, well thought of decision / solution to a given situation. “
- Case Studies