The Bridge Procedures is widely acknowledged as the principal industry guidance on safe bridge procedures, and is used by Masters, watchkeeping officers, companies and training institutions worldwide. The Guide is referenced in the footnotes of several International Maritime Organization (IMO) Conventions.
New equipment combined with the latest technologies on vessels have brought to the front the need for familiarization with ship specific arrangements. Operators should understand the importance of effective bridge procedures, in order to support the conduct of safe navigation and efficient ship operations.
1. Understand the factors relevant to determining an effective Bridge Composition and watch keeping arrangements.
2. Understand the Radio Communication requirements on board a Ship.
3. Be familiarized with the various factors for consideration, while Handing over-taking over a Navigational Watch.
4. Understand the procedures of maintaining record logs and using Routine & Emergency checklists on Bridge.
5. Be familiarized with general procedures involving routine checks tests, and operation of the bridge equipment’s.