The High Voltage systems training will provide you with the essential knowledge of high voltage (HV) installations to meet the knowledge, understanding and proficiency requirements as set out in STCW for electrical, electronic and control systems at the management level.
1. To enumerate the differences and to draw comparisons between High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) system, reference to Marine Practice.
2. To be familiarized with the background/ evolution of High Voltage (HV) Systems in the marine field.
3. To define and understand some key terms associated with HV systems (Based on the “Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seaman (COSWP)”)
4. To be familiarized with the layout and arrangement of High Voltage systems onboard ships and the associated protective devices;
5. To understand the arrangement of switch gear.
6. To enumerate the different systems of “Grounding”.
7. To be familiarized with the procedures for locating ground faults and testing of HV equipment.